Tuesday, April 1, 2008

What a great send-off!


It's finally April 1 and we are officially on sabbatical. Sunday we were sent off in worship with a Godspeed and Farewell Blessing and lots of hugs. At the luncheon after church we received the most amazing gift - a prayer weaving with 200 prayers from folks in the congregation, from tiny children in the nursery to respected elders and from former interns. In addition we were given a print copy of all the prayers so we don't have to take apart the weaving to read them.

I hope all of you know how much you are loved by the two of us and how special the day was for us.

On Thursday we will meet last year's intern, Matt O'Rear for lunch on our way to Atlanta where we will spend four days visiting with a radically hospitable church, St. John's Lutheran. We will be sharing what we learn as we go along.

I am learning how to blog, so stick with me.

Pastor Louise

3 comments:

Unknown said...

YEA!!! Your sabbatical has indeed finally begun - we wish you the most fantastical 3 months possible! And yes, yesterday's send-off was extraordinary - a day dreamed of and prayed for for so long. Enjoy!
Love, S&K

Bob Northrup said...

L & L,
My prayers are with you. Use this time to rest, relax, and reflect. You deserve it!!!!

Bob Northrup

mcathryn said...

I'm so glad the send off went beautifully. I'm so sorry I missed it, but the trip to California was good. My best wishes for a fertile and joyous 3 months!

Love,
Mary Cathryn